Sunday, February 1, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie GIVEAWAY!!!

In honor of myself, because I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up, I am offering my first giveaway of...

TWO BOXES OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!

To enter:

1. Read my previous
post.

2. Leave a comment to THIS post by midnight on Valentine's Day (Saturday, February 14th).

3. Include in your comment either what you wanted to be when you grew up or what you grew up to be (or both).

4. Check back on Monday, February 16th to see if you were the randomly selected winner, and to find out how to send me your address.

That's it! I will ship off two scrumptious boxes of over-priced Girl Scout cookies.

BONUS OFFER:

If you have a blog, and you mention this giveaway in one of your posts, including a link to this post, you will receive not two, but THREE boxes if you are selected as the winner.

17 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

What a great giveaway. i read your post I think you write great.
I blogged about your giveaway good luck.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

You crazy girl!!!! I've read your editorial and chuckled......but the last thing I need is more girl scout cookies than I already ordered!!!!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Gee, I forgot to tell you what I wanted to be when I grew up, out and old........well, I never wanted to be a missionary but here I is.....I always wanted to be skinny but not in this life. I'm wishing I'd taken voice lessons in the distant past......I guess now I just want to live a long time and have my wits about me!!!

Tiffany Madan said...

when i was little i wanted to be a mommy and a teacher. Now i am a mommy and i start school in august to be a teacher.

Crys said...

When I was a girl I wanted to be a lawyer. Now I'm content to be a kept woman with the goal of someday being a trophy wife :) Actually I'm working with Jason on a side research project (my idea). I'm hoping we can get it and many more published. Then I can be a published trophy wife :)

Karin said...

for awhile I wanted to be a DJ--- I would've played my favorite songs over and over!

Janae said...

There was a time in my oh so short what I want to be when i grow up life... before reality hit!!! I wanted to be a body builder... that didn't last very long!!! I always wanted to work with young kids or with the special needs kids. But didn't really want to take all the extra stuff you had to take to get the degree... Now I have 4 kids of my own to take care of and feel at times they have many special needs. I have enjoyed reading your posts and admire what you do with your family.. love to you guys..

Carolyn G said...

Great giveaway. I wanted to be a vet. But I had no idea what was involved. I just thought I could be with animals. Of course, I was around 5 yrs. old so I had no idea.

rarejule said...

You have a talent for writing, that's for sure!

I honestly do not know what I wanted to be when I grew up... and here I am, into my 40's and still don't know. If I could trade places with anyone for a day, it would probably be YOU. I would have loved to spend more time at home with my children before they reached school-age. Alas, I fell into profession not by choice but by necessity.

If I could work my creative talents into something that makes money, I would do it in a heartbeat! Ha ~ I'll stop rambling in YOUR blog and keep this going in mine.

Congrats on figuring it out, my friend!

mindy said...

read your post very nice when i was little i wanted to be a teacher thanks for the giveaway

eyeslikesugar said...

I wanted to be so many things when I grew up. As a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a detective, so badly. Later on, my dad thought I had the arguing skills necessary to be a great lawyer, but I always said that there's too many of them and everyone hates them. (I was a kid any lawyers reading this! I was fed by the media.) In high school, I decided on art, and went into graphic design in college. I dropped out knowing that wasn't for me. So now, I hope to be a librarian. :)

Thanks for this giveaway!
eyeslikesugar [at] gmail [dot] com

Aprilyn said...

I always wanted to be a choir director of a children's choir just like my Mom. That's why I was crazy and signed up to chair the choir committee at Nate's charter school last year and the year before. I also directed and accompanied it. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun too. I will get a link to this put on my blog hopefully tomorrow. Arrgh! Too busy!

Jen said...

I always wanted to be a career woman as a doctor and have children at home as well. I'm not sure how that was supposed to happen and now that "I've grown up" I realize that all I want to do is be with my kids. It's amazing how your perspective changes over the years as you "grow up." So now, I am a nurse (same field) and 99% of the time just care for my own children. One day when I am really all grown up, I still have dreams of receiving an advanced degree and becoming a nurse practitioner. We'll see...someday.

I'll put a link to your post on my blog. You really are an amazing writer. Good luck with getting started. This is good exposure for you!

Jackie said...

Oh my, you had me at "girl scout cookie"... At a very young age (maybe 4 yrs old) I wanted to be a paleontologist but of course I didn't know that term then so I wanted to be a dinosaur digger. In all actuality, I didn't stray too far from that going for advanced degrees in Geology (but with water and chemistry emphasis). I did want to be a mommy but that was kind of a given.
I probably shouldn't enter the giveaway as we ordered from two different girl scouts already but oh man, bring it on!!!

ABCD Diaries said...

i really enjoyed your article...thanks for that:) when i was little i wanted to be a teacher and a mommy. i taught up until i had my first child and now i am a mommy of 2:) thanks for the chance to win cookies:)
christinbanda@yahoo.com

Estela said...

What a lovely giveaway!
I always wanted to be a teacher when I was younger. I ended up a Marine. Odd....lol.
Please enter me!!

easagredo@yahoo.com

Kaycee said...

Hahah Overpriced! Too funny. Have you seen the new Dulce De Leche ones- sounds awesome! I always wanted to be Shaquille O' Neil because I am 4'10" now! I wore sized 2T in kindergarten! I just wanted to be tall and big and large enough to play basketball- LOL! Oh the good ole' days...

kayceewilliams at gmail dot com