
Like the Actress's first official chip-timed 5K race in May.

She rocked it folks. I didn't know what a 5K WAS when I was 9, and yet my darling daughter has already finished two! (The other was an untimed church fun run last summer). This is a great race, especially for a first timer. In fact, this was my first ever race last year. The course winds through the zoo early in the morning when the animals are awake and active. It is super fun course and a well organized event.

This time it was my turn to play spectator and keep the other kids whilst Mr. Bloomers and the Actress took part in the action.

In many ways I think being the runner is easier than keeping the kids. I tried to get them to cheer for other runners, but they mostly just thought I was weird. I'm sure that will only get worse as they get older.

The Actress raised a little money of her own for Travis and Mandy, and finished with a fabulous time of 38:42.

She sure earned those post-race refreshments! (And don't worry, I brought our own snacks for the rest of the crew.)
What a great accomplishment my darling oldest daughter! I am so proud of you.
2 comments:
WAY TO GO K.............
Oh how I wish I was running 5Ks at 9 years old! I am so impressed and appreciate the idea of getting my kids involved in running early. They're only 2 & 5 right now but in a few years I will absolutely be signing them up to run with me! What a fun family activity :) I am with you though - much easier to be the runner than the cheerleading squad watching the kids!
Post a Comment