Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Magic of Two

The tantrums aren't my favorite part, but two year olds are so full of life and wonder that I can't help but adore this phase.


This one is particularly full of it. Darling, but she can't be trusted.


Yesterday Princess was standing on the bar in the basement getting her groove on. A friend of mine told her to get down. With a resounding "no" she explained that she was "shaking her bootie." I usually get "No. Never." And then I intercede.


A few weeks ago a friend of the Actress taught Princess this most marvelous joke:

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Chicken butt?"


I don't even let the kids use that word...I insist on bum or rear end as I think the other term is a bit rude. As it is, for a pint-sized peanut Princess has a HUGE voice. And she laughs outrageously when she thinks she's funny. So we all laugh, and the vicious joke cycle continues.

Sigh.


If only she could stay this little forever.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Agree with the terrible 2s- so cute but oh so much will :)
ps Love the idea of your family service projects