Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tender Mercies

This past week has been very full, and I have experience emotions at all ends of the spectrum. Fortuneately, the most trying things are now far more hopeful than before.

Sunday ended on a very positive note. I felt happier than I have in some time, and so grateful.

Yesterday...not so much. It was a rough day.

But today, things are better again, and I am recognizing the importance of noticing the small tender mercies of the Lord--the little things that fall into place that I believe have divine intervention so that we can feel the love of the Lord.

It is not even noon, and I have three happy reports:

1. This morning when I drove Dave to the bus stop, I felt prompted to go a different way than usual. I did, and he made the bus. Had I gone the other way, we would have missed it.

2. I have been looking for Number Three's birth certificate, which wasn't where it should have been. I was on the verge of having to pay almost $50 to order a new one, expedited, so she could have it for our meeting Monday with the speech pathologist for the school district where we will put together her IEP because she has "phonological disorder" (basically, she can't pronounce words so that most people can understand her). I felt prompted about another place to look this morning, and I found it.

3. I feel like a runner! I walked for five minutes at 3 mph (1/4 mile). Then I ran for thirty-six minutes at 5 mph without stopping (3 miles). Then I walked for five minutes at 3 mph (1/4 mile). That is 3.5 miles in 46 minutes, with running (well, maybe jogging for some, but running for me) for most of it. And my face is PURPLE!!!

And lucky me, I get to take Number Two to school with a purple face, as it is time to go!

Hope you all are recognizing the tender mercies in your lives. It makes all the difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found too, that when I look for tender mercies, they are all around me! Thanks for sharing. Well, fellow runner, cheers to our Sole F63 treadmills! Don't you just feel like you could conquer the world??

Very cute blessing pictures, too. And very cool for me to see one of my very best "good old days" friends (Andrew) in the picture! :)

The Amazonian Couch Potato said...

Hi Krisitin

Lani said...

I can't believe you are running that far so soon after having a baby! You are Supergirl. Actually, I can believe it.

I miss you, Kristin. You are one of those people that makes it nice to be alive now. There seem to be so many ornery folks working for the adversary, and you're one that I never doubt whose team you're on.

And, it would've been REALLY fun to talk politics with you guys, but it probably would've been funner if someone won who didn't want to turn our country into a socialist "big brother" state.

I'd better not get started.

Miss you!
Lani