Today marks a new chapter for my little blog. Though the codenames of Number One, Number Two, Number Three, etc were serving their practical purpose, they just weren't much fun for me. So, after wading through a host of nickname contenders, I have finally assembled a list I feel ready to move forward with.
And now, a little story.
Once upon a time I left my poor sweet Mr. Bloomers behind, and took my engagement ring to the land of my forefathers to study abroad in a wonderful home near Hyde Park. While in that home, I set up my very first online-based email account. Giddy at the idea that I might actually store the email correspondence with my handsome fiance out in the netherworlds of the internet, I was suddenly hesitant to discover that the people at hotmail wanted my name.
My personal information.
Was it safe? I wasn't sure. Al Gore had only recently created the internet, and I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea to give out my identity to any random email site. But I had to share the computer with the other study abroad students and desperately needed an online-based email. Phone calls across the Atlantic aren't cheap,** and I hoped to minimize the phone expenses with my dashing beau by supplementing our communication with email.
I came up with a brilliant plan to offer forth false information to the hotmail people. So clever, I know.
And there in London, Geraldine Bloomers of 123 Anytown, United States, was born. And such a charming birth story it is.
Recently, I referred to Dave as Mr. Geraldine. He corrected me with:
"That's Mr. Bloomers, to you, thank you very much."
And so it is.
**Ask my in-laws who covered a collect call from a pay phone halfway up the Eiffel Tower. Thanks to my brother-in-law Steve for taking the call!
2 comments:
And then there's the writer in waiting-----YOU. See it in everything you write!!!! I love it!!!
Very cute... I thought for sure that falsified info was why the three sheriffs showed up to your house??? Whats the story there !!!! Have a great week...
Post a Comment