Aunt Kathy is my Mom's wonderful younger sister.
Yesterday I received the following letter in an email from my cousin Lisa, who is Kathy's daughter. I would ask for the thoughts, prayers, and/or fasting in Kathy's behalf (and on behalf of her husband, four children, grandchildren, my Mom, my uncle and my Grandpa too) of any of you who would be willing to join us.
Hello Family & Friends:
As you know, my mother Kathy is now in the advanced stages of cancer. She finished radiation last Thursday, but is experiencing a whole host of awful symptoms and and has been very weak and mostly bedridden since. She gets scans on Friday, September 4th to see if the radiation was effective at shrinking her cancer, and will meet with the specialist on the 11th to discuss the results and her prognosis, as well as if she is a candidate for any further treatment. It is absolutely critical that she begins to get her health and strength back over the next two and a half weeks before that appointment, so that she can have the option of further treatment.
In our religion, we believe strongly in the power of prayer and fasting. Once a month we fast, by abstaining from food or drink for 2 meals, while praying for someone in need. We then make an offering of the equivalent cost of those two meals to give to the needy. This upcoming “fast” Sunday, September 6th, we will be holding a large family (and friends) day of prayer and fasting for my mother. We believe strongly that God can work miracles if we act in prayer and faith. We are asking that you join us in this effort. Even if you can just keep her in your prayers and thoughts that day, we’d greatly appreciate it.
I do not have everyone’s emails, so please pass on to those in our family or circle of friends that I have left out. We love you all and are so grateful for your presence in our lives!
Thank you!
Lisa
1 comment:
I will fast and pray for your Aunt. I'm sorry to hear this sad news.
We are struggling with our darling Marshall-man. We will be having a special fast for him, and for our family soon. I will let you know when and fill you in on the details soon.
Post a Comment