Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Day of School


The Actress is in 3rd grade this year. Her teacher is wonderful.


The Artist is in 1st grade this year. Her teacher is also wonderful.


Little Mommy is in two preschools this year. She attends a phonological speech preschool through the school district two mornings a week, and a regular preschool with her best friend two other mornings a week. I am pretty sure she prefers regular preschool. She really likes her speech preschool teacher, but last year her class had 3 or 4 girls in it, which was great, and this year she is the ONLY girl with 4 boys. I am sure hoping some other girl will join in soon.


The first day of school was a tough one for the Actress as she got back into the swing of things with friends at recess. It was a bit of a struggle for the Artist too. Sooo, along with some Mommy TLC, I made a super, WAY out of the ordinary after-school snack. (There was a LOT of whipped cream to make it look bigger without adding too many more calories. And of course two full bananas.)


On your mark. (not sure why the Artist looks so unenthused here.)


Get set.


GO! Good stuff.

2 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

I need an after school treat like that.....welll, I don't NEED it but I WANT it!!!!

Kim and company said...

All my kids are outraged that I serve them fruit after school! They are looking over my shoulder and wondering when I'm going to make that. Please keep in mind they are eating ice cream and cookies RIGHT NOW! After school they sometimes get a bowl of Lucky Charms or Golden Grahams not really a breakfast item, but okay for a snack! Fun!