So I know this mom of five kids whose home looks like a serious warzone. I know her well enough to know that her home doesn't always appear in dire need of a surprise visit from the folks at Clean House. But it sure looks like that today.
This friend of mine had been balancing everything amazingly well until a few weeks ago. She was caring for the home, the kids, and herself and feeling pretty good about all of it. Then Halloween hit, and everything started to slide. She held it together long enough to host a large gathering in her home, and then it all fell apart.
I really understand how quickly things can unravel. So being the charitable soul I am, I will be helping her pull things back together within the next week and a half before her older kids are out of school for Christmas break. We'll focus on one room a day and move through them all till its peaceful and calm once again (well, as calm as it can be with five wild creatures in residence).
Oh, and I'll be caring for her sick kiddos too, since three of the five are down for the count...and she reports the other two are extra-grumpy. Fun times.
Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Hmmmm....I also know this mom of 5 kids...would you be so charitable as to rescue her house as well?
Would be nice if we lived closer...could swap some kids whilst performing such charitable service.
I know a mom of 8 kids, none of whom live at home, whose apartment needs a good clean and dejunking.....you are overly nice!!!! Lots of points for service like that....especially taking the sick kids....means your kids will be sick over Christmas???
Post a Comment