Saturday, May 1, 2010

And at the end I got a medal

26.2 miles is a loooooong way on foot in one outing.

It wasn't the race I hoped for, but I finished and I'm still alive.

So all is well.

Even if I shuffle like a really old arthritic woman with osteoporosis.

Details to come soon.

PS Thanks for your awesome support, especially for those who made donations on behalf of Travis and Mandy. I so appreciate our wonderful friends and family.

11 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Glad to hear you're up and moving, albeit slowly!!! I'd be reposing flat on my back for a month!!! Anxious to see pix.....don't be discouraged about your run. YOU DID IT!!! And that deserves a medal!!!!

Anonymous said...

You Rock! Even if it wasn't the race you wanted, enjoy the fact that you are a marathoner now! Revel in it! :) You're awesome!

Jolynn said...

My race wasn't the pace I wanted either, but it was sooo amazing to do it! You did it girl!! Be proud. It's not the time you completed the race, but the journey that got you to the finish line.

Dave said...

I know this is a little strange, but my emotions are very similar to each time you gave birth - an overwhelming feeling of love, concern, joy and so much more that I can't express. I know you've gone through so much during your training - joy and sorrow, euphoria and pain, excitement and nervousness, just to name a few - over the last many months. Then you fought through a race you could have walked away from. You are so amazing and I couldn't be luckier to have you as my wife. I adore you . . .

Julie said...

Great job! Way to set and accomplish such a huge goal. So proud of you!!!

Kim and company said...

Way to go!!! You did it. Now you can retire =) Hee Hee! Way to accomplish such a large goal! Saw your results on line. That IS quite a long way to run in one day! And Dave---it is amazing to watch as well. We've cheered on Dan and my crazy marathoning brother! It's emotional and amazing!

Kathi said...

I don't know if the announcer made this comment for you guys, but he did at the beginning of the 5k race and it went something like this: "You may not always get what you want in life, but if you TRY, you WILL get what you need." You tried and you did accomplish something great and something to be very proud of. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mamma K. said...

Kristen - congratulations on being a finisher! Think how easy 5K's and 10K's will seem now! And thanks for running for Travis and Mandy - that was a great thing. (And your husband was so sweet to make that comment on your blog!)

Carrie said...

That is awesome!!! I can't even imagine running a marathon. What an accomplishment! That pic of you, your hubby and kids, everyone with their medals is just cool!!
Congrats to you all!

rarejule said...

Congratulations!!! You did it!

Jen said...

You finished! That is really exciting. Good job. I finally posted! I wish I could manage my time better these days. Hopefully that will improve with time.