
Picked M (friend) up on the way to speech. Had a miscommunication error (their fault) which canceled Little Mommy's appointment. Waited while it was sorted out. We did end up with the sub we were supposed to have.
Dropped M and Actress off at the Bishop's for their Valiant class swim party a little late thanks to the speech issue.
Picked Little Mommy up. Artist, Max, and Little Mommy were MELTING down as we left in a fight over who got to carry the keys to the car. Seriously. It was embarrassing.
Went to Target anyway despite the grumpiness. Needed a few things, including milk, eggs, etc. Tried to really hurry. Max melted down twice. Artist kept telling me how I NEVER buy her ANYTHING or do ANYTHING she wants me to.
Came out with cartful of stuff. Carrying Max over my shoulder as he pummels me. Didn't have time to reason with the last tantrum so I just treated him like a sack of potatoes. Princess was in the cart and...

TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR. Seriously. Kids are screaming. Princess in terror being hit by rain. Groceries pummeled. Rain in my eyes causes my contacts to shift. I can barely see. Still holding Max (who isn't pummeling me anymore). Wishing we were closer to the entrance. It was a long walk. Like being in the shower in your clothes with a loaded grocery cart and four kids.
Throwing the kids and stuff in as fast as I can. Soaking to the skin. My underwear is sticking to me. Clothes are heavy. Hair dripping water down my back.
Max is crying that his clothes are ruined because they're wet.
I whooped it up and laughed because the only other choice was to cry.
And it stopped raining 90 seconds later as we were driving back to the Bishop's.
Good times.
PS These handsome photos of Mr. Bloomers in Max's Spidey goggles don't really relate to this post except that the photos are awesome and my contacts might not have bothered me had I been wearing goggles. Next time I'll be better prepared.
2 comments:
Hilarious! I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but I've BTDT.
I have lots of those days, but I only have one child at the moment! And I do the same thing with Allison that you do with max, just throw them over your shoulder. I'm not looking forward to those days with more than one, but it's too late for that isn't it?
Post a Comment