Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Actress turns 10!

How could I be old enough to have a 10 year old daughter?


Seems like only yesterday that I was swaddling her in the hospital. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.


I was so excited when she learned to sit up.


And could hardly believe how quickly that first year flew by.


At 20 months she officially began a long career as a BIG SISTER. She was so excited for Grama and Grampa to visit us when the Artist was brand new that she spun wildly around, giving herself a black eye on a nearby coffee table that couldn't jump out of the way quickly enough.


At 2.5 our sparkler clinched a win in the local baby contest due to her fabulous solo of Families Can Be Together Forever. She just melted those judges to a puddle of love for her.


By age 4 our darling was no longer a baby anymore.


At 5 she was all enthralled with Princesses.


And she allowed the Beast to dance with her.


Sisterhood is a running theme throughout our homelife.


At 6 the Actress still enjoyed Barbies. Of course that is hardly the case now.


In kindergarten my daughter with the most gorgeous long hair sacrificed 13 inches for Lock of Love.


But she was still beautiful after the chopping.


What a great big sister...


Seriously.


At 7 American Girl was all the rage.


Our girl continued to shine and still loved (and loves) to create.


By 8 the Actress was starting to really grow up.


She even ran her first 5K with her lucky Mom!


Older and older. Wearing glasses all the time, though she has contacts now too.


Our family last year.


What a gorgeous young lady...and lover of sweets.


Sisterhood again. At Grammy's playhouse.


First day of 4th grade.


10 years old with a pan of brownies to mark the occasion. Friend party to follow in a couple of weeks.


My darling Actress. I know that growing up is tough, and you, poor girl, have to cope with rookie parents to boot! But please know that we have loved you dearly through this first decade and we will continue to love you forever onward. Even when you're grumpy or full of pre-teen drama. Even when you excell at school and at art. Even when you make mistakes. Even when you serve us, and when you yell at us. You are a special and wonderful girl with the ability to make a truly meaningful and lasting impact on this world.

Continue to shine.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Happy Birthday!! If you would like me to, I can make and decorate a cake for her party. Just let me know:) Or if she wants to do it but wants help, I would be more then glad to come over and help her. And I would love to eat that beautiful and yummy looking sugar cookie flower!

rarejule said...

Happy 10th Birthday, you lovely Millenium girl you!