Thursday, February 10, 2011

My boy is FOUR


Last week my boy turned FOUR.


I can't believe how fast he's grown!


The boy who changed the sibling dynamics in our family just by being of the opposing gender.


The boy who adores his Daddy.


And whose Daddy has always adored him.


And the Cubs.


(Just like his Daddy.)


The boy who was blessed with a gift of happiness and humor.


The boy who goes to preschool and makes friends of all of his classmates.


The boy who loves to learn and read. And rock out. Seriously, he may someday have an album, and I'd be the first to buy a copy.


The boy who loves to play outside, rain or shine or snow.


The boy who has spent months calling people "coconut."


The boy who took a rock to the side of my Suburban and made me think I'd been keyed, until I reached the end of the loooooooooong scratches and found decorative hash marks.


The boy who loves the color green.


The boy who tells me almost every day, "Mommy, I love you. You're the best mommy in the whole world."


The boy I adore.

4 comments:

Dave said...

The boy who almost every time I see him says "I love you really, really, really, really more!" The boy with the silly crooked smile that only comes out when he's hamming it up for the camera. The boy who made sure I wasn't a lone man in the wilderness. The boy that sometimes cuddles so deep and aggressive that you feel like he wants to crawl inside you. The boy with hips that move like they are part rubberband. The boy that *I* love really, really, really, really, REALLY more!!!

chickadee3357 said...

Too cute! Happy birthday little man. He looks so old in that last picture.

Unknown said...

Is this one of my babies? I think so! Glad to see the family is still doing well. Dr. Dillard

Catrina said...

He is such a doll!! Happy birthday little Max!!