Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Countdown to the BIG REVEAL!


So with this being our fifth baby, and seeing as how we now have accomplished producing both genders, I thought it would be fun to wait until delivery to see whether this baby was a boy or a girl.

I was woefully outvoted by the family.

So, on April Fool's Day we will be making our way to visit the ultrasound tech to check on this baby's growth and development, including gender.


We should be home sometime around lunch, and I will post then. In the meantime, please vote in my poll, and guess whether Dave and Number One will get their preference, or whether Number Two and Number Three will get theirs. Number Four hasn't expressed himself yet, but I would guess he is on the side of Team Blue.


As for me...I had this secretly deranged hope that this pregnancy would produce twins, one boy and one girl. I would honestly like one more of each. However, I believe in family planning one at a time, and am not yet sure whether there will be a sixth child. If I had happened to have boy and girl twins this round, it would all be decided for us without Dave and I having to work through the decision whether or not to have more. In that way, it would have simplified things.

However, that would have left me with six children under the age of eight, including four under the age of three...so probably best for all of us that this is another single pregnancy.

Happy voting!!!

15 comments:

Paige said...

Ummmm, I think that #4 needs a pal he can roughhouse with. And since I don't see a puppy in your future, I am going to say BOY.

Jackie said...

So after all that, how come you didn't give us the option to vote for multiples? ;) Twins are trouble, especially for the spouses of twins...

Kristin said...

I've already had one ultrasound...definitely one baby in there.

Heidi said...

I'm voting for a boy! I'm sure #4 and his dad would love to have another boy around the house!
Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!

Judy said...

I'm voting for another boy. Someone to share the bedroom.

terica said...

I say boy. How fun for #4 to have a little brother so close to his age. They will be best buddies, but a girl would be fun too. But I say boy! Can't wait till april fools day!

Jessica Bybee said...

boy!!! Two boys are so fun together!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow Congrats on your pregnancy Ms. Kristen. I thought your whole ideal plan was 2 close together---then wait six years and then 2 more close together. Do you remember expressing that? You sure have varied! Happily though I see! That's exciting! I always hoped for twins too! Kim your sis in law!

Kristin said...

Ideal? What is that? My original ideal plan was having one every three years. That is optimal spacing according to my child development classes from college.

I don't remember the six year spacing for pairs, but it may have made sense to me at some point.

The only plan I ever stuck to was to just take them as inspired to do so...and here we are!

Melinda said...

I remember the six year plan conversation too.

My own thoughts about how I would space my children have changed for sure since I was pre-kids. The "as they are inspired" is the only safe way to go. Otherwise, I would be subjecting some poor spirit to a less than calm and prepared family right now :)

Melinda said...

PS...I voted for boy! Only because that's my dream-in-opposite for my family. If I could guarantee Girly a little sister, I'd be anxious to do it.

Yes, brothers, I loved my life, but a gender sharing sibling is always nice. Although right now my boys who are 18 months apart drive us all nuts...bicker, bicker, bicker...hit...bicker, bicker, bicker. That about sums up their day! They play together constantly, though.

Mom of Four said...

Kristin -- I'm so excited for you! I'm with everyone else on this one and hope for another brother.

Aprilyn said...

I vote boy!! Boys are great! Besides, your son needs a brother. Boys need each other to wrestle with.

Rachel said...

I vote girl! We are exactly like you, I wanted to wait until delivery, but everyone else insists on finding out, especially my husband. And in my experience 3 years apart (my first two) was the worst spacing ever. The 17 month difference (my last two), while the hardest for awhile, turned out to be a blessing, such good little playmates! Anyway, in case you don't remember me, I am that crazy girl from NC that is friends with your mom. Rachel