Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day?!?

So looooong overdue.


At Valentine's Day, Number Two's school did the CUTEST little program. Apparently it is an annual event for the school...the Valentine's Day Tea, just for kids and their moms.

I was lucky enough to have a friend available to watch Number Three and Number Four, and I was even luckier to be placed at the front table in the center. It was all assigned seating with namecards. There were about 20 8-foot long tables in the room, four rows back of five tables each...so my seat really was special.


The children all performed cute little Valentine's Day songs (Number Two was SO fun to watch), and then came to eat with the moms.


The children had donuts and juice and the moms had cheesecake with their choice of juice, tea, or hot chocolate. I, of course, went for the hot chocolate. I even managed to eat some of the cheesecake (I don't really like cheesecake and on top of it I was still morning sick all day long, but at least the topping was really yummy! The company was definitely better.)


It was a great experience for me. Though I love having all these little children all close together, I really value the special time when I get to have just one of my amazing darlings all to myself.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a cute idea! How lucky to have some good fun one-on-one time too!