Or at least I might like to be!
This has been the most brutal winter. Finally spring seems to maybe actually hopefully be here, and I just want to run away and play. Spring Fever has hit us (me) bad.
I don't want to cook or clean house or sort basement boxes or get the kids to school. I don't want to grocery shop or do any other kind of shopping...I just want to be outside playing, and hanging out at the pool. Clearly it isn't pool weather yet, but I wish it were.
This week has been a bit busier, with such extras as meeting with a wills, trusts and estates attorney (we are getting our affairs all in order), getting the van towed to the mechanic from the elementary school (it really WAS the starter this time), making Number One's FORTY PAGE SCRAPBOOK for her Star Student Week though I am not a scrapbooker (Karen...you would be so proud), making eye appointments, doctor's appointments, participating in a Primary activity, and working on refinancing student loans and our mortgage (even with great credit, you don't get the lowest rate if you buy a home 6 months before your job starts, and before you have even taken the bar exam).
So, while I wish I could report exciting things have kept me away from the blog...not so much.
I will leave you with a humorous Number One story though. Last week she missed her second spelling word of the year (10 words per week). Her teacher sends home a packet for them to do each week to practice the words, but doesn't have it sent back to school. For the first couple of weeks I made Number One do it. But you know, she always already knows the words before bringing the packet home, so even though I am a teacher by profession, I don't make her do it anymore. The two words she has missed were both due to not paying attention during the test, rather than not knowing the word.
For "who" last week, she wrote "whoi." I asked her about it, and her response was...
"Yeah, my pencil just did that and I didn't notice."
"So you knew how to spell it?"
"Yeah, but my teacher thought I put an i on the end."
"Well, I thought it might be a j."
"Our i's have tails like that."
"So your pencil just did that but you did know how to spell the word?"
"Yes."
Awesome answer...maybe she could grow up to be a really creative defense attorney.
2 comments:
She sounds like my Nate. He never studies for spelling tests and always gets 105%. They get extra credit for challenge words. It's just too easy. :)
Like father, like daughter.
Post a Comment