Monday, October 27, 2008

You know you are really tired when...

You send two thank you notes to the same person...one written right after she brought you a meal two months ago but never mailed, and one written today.

I even have a list! I was so confused, knowing I had mailed 15, yet there were only 14 I could account for with one that hadn't been sent. Turns out I just wrote two to the same person. Go me!

Rather than perceiving myself as a forgetful, sleep-deprived, unorganized, late and behind person, I am just going to chalk this one up to the fact that I am just a very grateful person, who loves to express appreciation...and even though I realized the error before mailing the second one, I decided to go ahead and send it...why not? It just might make her day.

And if you are wondering...I have not made it in bed by 10 hardly at all since I started making that a goal, but I am still trying, some days harder than others.

However...I did a four minute brisk walking warm-up today before running, and after 24 minutes total (warm-up plus 20 minutes of running), I had gone 2 miles. Go me!

If I could just give up that big bowl of ice cream every night when the kids were in bed, I might actually get skinny one of these days.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That's my main reason FOR working out is so I CAN have that treat every night with only a little less guilt...

Anonymous said...

Hey, look forward to old age cuz you lose the guilt trip!!! Just have the ice cream and enjoy every spoonful. In fact, have seconds!!!

Mom/Grama

Judy said...

Hey, I'd probably be tired after the four minute warm up.