Thursday, November 6, 2008

Soooo 80's...

Number One decided upon blue wristbands (think sweatbands) from the prize counter at Chuck E Cheese last time we were there. She laid them out with her clothes last night, and I commented to her that they were totally 80's.

Tonight we had Eggo waffles, fancy scrambled eggs, fruit, and hot chocolate for dinner, but to change it up, we ate by candlelight in the dining room. While at the table we were discussing something about our dinner, I can't remember what, and Number One remarked that whatever it was "was so totally 80's."

I grinned at her inappropriate use of the term, and said that it wasn't really so 80's. She said, "But you said that my wristbands were so 80's." I confirmed that they were.

Suddenly Number Two piped up to tell us this dinner was totally 80's because we were eating by candlelight, and they always had dinner by candlelight in the 80's because that is all they had.

Out of the mouth of babes...history is retold.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ha- that is hilarious. Kids say the cutest things.

Lani said...

This reminds me of my #3 telling me that I lived "back then" (a favorite term of my kids' when discussing mine and Sherdon's childhood), back when they thought frogs came from rain.

So now I'm old.

-Lani