Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fitness Update and Stroller Envy

I jogged/walked the 1.7 miles to Weight Watchers for the 6:30 AM meeting this morning, and jogged the whole way home (except for a short walk toward the top of the only real hill).

And the news...down 3.2 pounds this week. YEAH!

I am running in my first 5K in May. It is really so uplifting to be working towards a personal goal. I don't have high aims, just to finish in around 38 minutes or so. I can't imagine ever running a marathon, not for the physical training, but the mental training. I love running...for about an hour max. I think I would be too bored to keep going much longer than that. I logged in two runs this week on the treadmill at around 3.4 miles each. I would like to work up to five miles a pop.

Yesterday I took the three younger kids on an excursion to an REI a mere 25 miles away to test a couple of jogging strollers. Can I just say I fell in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the BOB Revolution Duallie? It is huge, but super lightweight and pushes like a feather. It was amazing. Little Mommy and Max squealed with delight as I jogged them up and down the aisles.

I am coveting that stroller something ferocious, and busy trying to figure out how I can somehow justify the price tag. I think I would log a TON of miles on that thing now that the weather is improving, both in walking the older girls to and from school, in longer runs, and in general double stroller use. I have been wondering what things I might sell to help me justify the purchase...like an extra BabyHawk (baby carrier) that I hardly use anymore, my Medela Pump in Style, and even, gulp, my first car, a gorgeous but wholly-impractical-for-our-size-family Jeep Grand Cherokee sitting in my garage. I have been together with that baby longer than I've been with Mr. Bloomers!

My birthday is coming up too, and we do budget for birthday money. I have spent some on Weight Watchers, but I would rather forego eating out, a Baskin Robbins cake, a new vacuum, and any other birthday hurrahs for that stroller.

I have until the end of March to figure it out. REI members save 20% on any one item this month. That would be a HUGE savings.

Well, time to put the stroller obsession aside for the day, Princess has awakened and is ready for her ladies in waiting to attend.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks like an awesome stroller. We are also in the market for a double stroller, but I know for a fact that I wouldn't make as good use of it as you. I like to take walks, but I don't run at all. I hope you are able to get it.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Hmmmmmm, just sent your BD box, but maybe a few cents in a envelope might help you out.....