Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watching the Weight


I have always been a Weight Watcher. During more stressful phases I seem to spend my days watching the number on the scale go up. Then at some point, I pull it together, refrain from excess sweets and second helpings, and I watch the number creep down again.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT all about the number, but I know what the real me looks like, and sometimes she gets insulated by extra layers.

Three babies in three years (with five in less than eight years), a move I'm still recovering from, and a busy husband have taken their toll on my body. I am definitely feeling the insulation, but I am on the way back to the real me.

Today marked the end of my third week at Weight Watchers*, and [drumroll please]...

I am down 9.2 pounds. I earned my 5% star today. Go me!!!


*I love the Weight Watchers program. It encourages you to learn to eat better portion sizes, with more healthy and filling foods and less treats. Just what I needed to lose the weight the right way, and be reminded how to change my lifestyle so I can keep the weight off, and just feel better. Did you know your body feels better when you treat it right? I'm sure you do. I know that too, but sometimes the knowing doesn't translate to the doing as well as it ought to.

4 comments:

Janae said...

you go girl... congrats!!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Yeah team!!!! Keep it up!!!

Kara said...

Congratulations! While I'm not in a place where I can lose weight at the moment, when I get back to the States I look forward to heading back to the Savoy Weight Watchers center and asking them not to cancel my membership forever...
Our family enjoys keeping up with yours through your great blog. Thanks!

Aprilyn said...

WOOHOO!! If I could afford it, I would go on Weight Watchers but alas, I can not. :) Instead, I'm going to do better this week. I kinda slacked and only lost a pound a week for the last 2 weeks but I'm going to get back on track. Go team K !!!!