
Darn that Halloween candy! It's sabatoge!!

Tonight it was removed from the top of the fridge and relocated to the basement in the hopes that I might stop eating so much of it. The kids took in quite a haul. For the people who kept insisting Princess needed candy too...I repeat...she did NOT need any! Four kids worth of candy is enough for the whole elementary school!!!

And I might add that the kids went trick-or-treating not once, not twice but THREE TIMES at Safety Town,

the ward Trunk-or-Treat activity,

and in our neighborhood.
I had this great idea that the kids could all be monkeys this year. Mr. Bloomers could be a tree, and I could be an alligator. We just love that song. (Five little monkeys swinging in the trees, teasing Mr. Alligator "Can't catch me!"...and SNAP that monkey right outta that tree.)
Alas, I don't sew or pretend to be crafty. Nor did I want to spend the time and energy and money it would take to pull together such an idea, sooo we went with the strategy of "what costume at Target would each kid like to wear," and that was that.

The Actress went with the Popstar Diva look, complete with pretend microphone. (The microphone is the headband-type, and difficult to see in these photos.)

The Artist fell for this snazzy dress, and told everyone she was Daphne from Scooby-Doo.

Little Mommy chose Corinne. Now if you aren't up on the latest Barbie movie-and-complete-product-line, you might not know that Barbie recently starred as Corinne in Barbie and the Three Muskateers. This movie really appealed to our rough-and-tumble princessy beauty queen...it just doesn't get any better than Barbie in a beautiful gown with a sword!

Max selected Dash (or Dashell Robert Parr as we like to call him). Mr. Bloomers supported the boy by playing along as Mr. Incredible in disguise.

Since Princess wasn't old enough to select her own costume, she got to wear the one we already owned that fit her. I added a bow to the monkey ear to make her look like more of a girl in it. (Okay, so I realized just now that I didn't ever take a picture of Princess by herself. She wasn't in a parade and she didn't match anyone in the family. Sorry fifth child! She looks cute in this photo anyhow, regardless of the fact that it is unrelated to Halloween. I really do take lots of pictures of her.)

As for me...well...after choosing to purchase a whole slew of Halloween decorations so the kids couldn't complain about my lack of festivity anymore, I couldn't justify purchasing a new costume too. The kids really wanted me to dress up. And then I remembered all of my old cheerleading uniforms, and guess what? My JV uniform was a bit snug, but my Varsity uniform fit! (Although after all the candy I ate this week, I'm not sure that it would anymore.)

Mom, these pictures are just for you!

Happy belated Halloween!!!
4 comments:
I downloaded every picture to my grandkids site that circles thru as my computer screen!!! VErY cute and hurrah for you, fitting into that cheer uniform!!!! Loved Princess with her sword!!!
Finally getting back to checking in on you... Waving hello and love the updated pictures and posts!! Keep up the great work, Mommy!
I bet that was so fun to fit into your highschool clothes! Good job! Perfect costume.
Your kids are darling and I'm seriously impressed you can fit into your high school cheer uniform after 5 kids. You're amazing! Keep it up!
Post a Comment