Monday, November 2, 2009

On Why I Despise Libraries

Libraries are so sneaky and calculating.

They lure you in with the promise of free books, but then as soon as life happens and you don't return said free books "on time" they turn cold and heartless, and BAM:

It's FINES, FINES, FINES!

Book orders are so much better, because at least you get to keep the books.

3 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Ohm but if you don't have room for the books, the library is wondeful. and we listen to books on tape as we drive so much and it's marvy!!!! We just make sure we get the books back in time...try it, you'll like it!!!!

Kristin said...

I'm telling you, I have tried! The only time I have been able to consistently avoid fines over the last decade was when Dave was in law school and the Champaign library gave four weeks before books were due.

Here it is two weeks and I just am terrible about it.

Glad it works for somebody though!

chickadee3357 said...

Two weeks is NOT long enough. I love our library. (a)it is SUPER close (b)I can put a book on hold online and recheck it out again online (c)Ours is also 4 weeks. Maybe you should have a chat with your library.