Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Actress Takes on a Cause

The Actress really wanted to run the IL Marathon 5K, but alas we just didn't have enough adults to go around for all of those kids and she was relegated to the Youth Run instead.

But this coming Saturday, May 15th, she will run her first official chip-timed 5K with Mr. Bloomers.** She can hardly wait. Believe me. She went on a training run with Mr. Bloomers yesterday wearing my Garmin and clocked 2 miles without stopping in about 24 minutes. How many adults can do that, let alone 9 year-olds? I'm so proud of her.


She asked me this past week whether a person could run a 5K for a cause, as I had run my marathon for a cause. I told her she sure could, to which she replied:

"I want to run my 5K for Travis, and raise some money for him just like you did."

This afternoon the Actress asked if I would put up this blog post for her to let you know that she has a cause. So folks, if you haven't donated (or even if you have) and are able to do so, please donate something (see button on sidebar or send me a check) to support the Actress in running her 5K on behalf of Travis.

She is a great kid and I'm lucky to be her mom.

**The Actress completed her first 5K last June with me at a church fun run. We were dressed as twinners for the fabulous event.

1 comment:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

You go, Kate.....what a great thing to do....and I'll contribute to your cause. We saw Travis and his family on Saturday and he really needs our help and prayers. Run a good one....Love you