Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3

Today we will:

  1. Decorate. Really. This one keeps getting a lack of attention. :)

  2. Make Christmas sugar cookies.

  3. Watch a Christmas movie.

*****************************************


So I'm adding on to this post here at 11:30 PM.





Last night we skipped the decorating. We talked briefly about the special project, and we started on the Christmas books.




The summer that Mr. Bloomers and I were engaged I was privileged enough to spend a term abroad in London. I had dreamed my whole life of embarking on such an adventure as my older sisters spent a semester there when I was 3. Toblerones and Paddington Bear packages won me over long before I knew of the glory of St. Paul's Cathedral or the bustle of Hyde Park on a Sunday afternoon.





On one little side trip of our group the bus stopped near a random used book fair and I found this marvelous book. I love the pictures that slide to reveal another scene. I read this to the children last night and they were simply enthralled with both the story and the wonder of such a fun book.




And then we were exhausted and could only fall into bed.


*****************************************



As for tonight. Sadly, we STILL haven't done the decorations. That will simply have to be the weekend project.


However, we made Christmas sugar cookies while enjoying Christmas music.


It was a mess.


It was time-consuming.


We had some grumpiness.


And whining.


A few precious smiles.


We stayed up too late.


But it was so worth it.


PS It wasn't about the cookies.

No comments: