Saturday, December 4, 2010

So the thing I should have mentioned...

about that story yesterday, is that now that I am even older, I have yet another perspective on Mom and her purchased "homemade" cookies.

It is one of understanding.

One of the most valuable parts about experiencing different stages of life is that once we get to the ones ahead, we better understand them.

Like how I used to wonder what was wrong with my Mom because she couldn't commit to anything "without checking her calendar first." My teenage mind wondered why in the world could she not just keep the schedule straight in her head?

I understand that one now too. Like how I planned playdates for Monday afternoon because I wasn't by my calendar only to realize I am teaching a 45 minute lesson in the Artist's classroom that same afternoon. So I had to reschedule the playdates.

Maybe next time I'll check the calendar first.

No comments: