Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dreaming of Warmer Weather

It is really cold here. So cold in fact, that today, at 30 degrees, we feel like it is a heat wave. That is how brutal this winter has been. This is the first day I can recall in a LONG time that we had such amazing warmth in the absence of rain or snow.

I love this area. I love the community, the opportunities for our family, our friends, and lots of other things. But I feel something akin to the opposite of love for the seemingly endless winter weather here.


So in continuing to support the beach theme I had going on with Number Four's birthday cake, I decided to post these pictures taken at the beach in southern California on our way to the airport to return home from a Thanksgiving gathering at my brother's house.


Unfortuneately, this was the only beach outing I got on the trip. Heartbreaking really, as that was the most important activity on my agenda: a family outing to the beach.


As circumstances turned out, only Number One and Number Three got to enjoy that fun beach outing. You think life is complicated when there are four little children involved? Try adding the extended family!


But, I did get one quick photo with my dashing son on his first beach trip. Hopefully this summer's visit will provide us with further beach opportunities.

And in the meantime, I can stare at these pictures and do what I can to imagine away the brutal winter.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I can relate to your feelings. I often talk to my daughter in Orange County. It's 5 degrees here and she says to her son, "Max, get your swimming suit on. We're going to be late for swimming." Randy and I really like to spend his spring break in CA.