Saturday, February 2, 2008

Number Five

So, earlier this week I posted a picture of our four kids and the number five. Some of you caught on, but as it turns out, many didn't. In a couple of other posts during the week I made references to the new baby, in mentioning that Number Four would be a big brother, and also mentioning morning sickness. I received some questions as to whether we were announcing something.

Yes, we are expecting Number Five...due to arrive in August. Of course, I was having all of my children in March, April, and May. We will now be 0 for 5. Oh well.

I had planned to wait to announce this baby until about Valentine's Day, when I would be about 13 weeks. However, last Sunday I became sick of trying to hide my little baby bump, so I gave up. I can still hide it rather well in everyday clothes, but there is something about skirts and dresses that makes it rather difficult to hide, even at 10 and 11 weeks. And seeing as how this is my fifth, my body is responding to this pregnancy as if to say, "Oh, I remember about this, I just let the whole belly hang right out." Fun.

Anyhow, I looked sortive pregnant in the dress I wore last Sunday, so after church, we decided to tell the kids. I was 10 weeks then. When my mom called that day, I told her, as she is NOT an e-friendly kind of gal. Then we posted the picture, and decided to just let the word spread from there.

In the past, we have done big elaborate things to announce the news. I have also made some personal phone calls. This time, don't feel left out if you didn't get a call. I just wasn't up to doing all that. I didn't actually make any personal calls to announce (my mom called me!).

This time our method of spreading the word was twofold:

1. Tell the kids. (Of course kids don't keep secrets.)
2. Post the picture on the blog. (Everyone who really cares what is going on with us checks it with some regularity.)

And now in case you missed the more subtle clues, you all have the news.

And in case you were wondering, Number Four and Number Five will be 18 months apart. Number One will turn eight about 3 months after this baby is born. The fun and adventure in our family just continue on.

5 comments:

jennybhill said...

Congrats -- that is great! I noticed with the big brother comment and we're excited for you guys. We miss your family.
Also, I'm glad it was a snow day for you yesterday!!!
AND, tell #2 we hope her head feels better.

Paige said...

Congratulations!! ;)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

Congrats! I'm a bit behind but at least this time I found out you were pregnant BEFORE you had the baby - thanks to Dad for keeping me "up-dated". Love the blog thing. Hope you're feeling good. Love you!