Over the years I have encouraged Dave to consider living there...if he were a barrister, he could even wear a wig as part of his almost daily attire! But alas, I don't think he will ever be persuaded to do more than visit someday in the distant (post student-loans) future.

If I only lived in London, I might even be given the opportunity to feel graceful during this pregnancy...and if not, I might at least find myself highly amused watching others try.
2 comments:
umm... really pregnant women recruited for a ballet? Forget about gracefullness, what about comfort? Yikes, I don't know about other peoples pregnancies but the swelling in the feet and ankles was enough to prevent me from going about my daily tasks let alone expressing myself in an artful manner.... sheesh!
I need to go to London now....
"She notes the stark contrast between the typically lithe light and muscular physique of a dancer, and the softer, rounder contours of a pregnant woman, and delights in it.
"You can't get a 25-year-old size 8 ballet dancer type body to move with the weight, the gravitas or the sheer cheerful spirit a pregnant woman," she said."
Okay, this was my favorite part of the article.
Come August (or June or July) when in a black bathing suit at the pool I resemble a beached whale, I don't know that if placed on stage next to the "lithe light and muscular physique...[of a] 25-year-old size 8 ballet dancer" that I would be able to possess the cheerful spirit mentioned.
I did find a great deal of humor in the concept though!
Post a Comment