that isn't always the case.
And on April Fools' Day, it is definitely NOT the case.
Number Three was right all along. Even the ultrasound tech said that the little ones are always right.
I feel a little sad for Number Four living in such an estrogen filled environment. Though the possibility of a brother does still remain, it is definitely not a huge possibility.
At least for his sake, Number Three is a very physical rough and tumble little girl, who wrestles him every chance she gets, whether he likes it or not. And Dave said that he now feels an even greater responsibility to spend extra time with Number Four as he grows up. Truthfully, Number Four absolutely adores Daddy. (Good thing since they will have to stick together!)
So, we will prepare to welcome our FOURTH daughter (wow! that is a little overwhelming) into our home and into our hearts. I am sure Heavenly Father has selected another choice spirit to send to our family and we love her already.
PS And Mindy...sorry to dash your hopes about the possibility of another girl, though you never know!
14 comments:
Hilarious! I was so excited for another boy for you, but a girl will be so fun too. I love the aprils fools joke, I thought maybe you were even going to say you were not even pregnant! Congrats!
Ok, I was so surprised, but then not really. With your terse first post, I wondered why you weren't saying more. I thought maybe you were sad or something, which is dumb because I know you would never be. You are a tricky girl when it comes to your announcements. It's fun!
Congrats on another girl. The word FOURTH does sound overwhelming, but I know she will just fit right in to your great family.
And I thrived perfectly well being the lone gender in my family and that was with SEVEN opposites. Number Four will be a sweet charmer because of all his experience with sisters, I'm sure.
Congrats again. Hmmmm....I'm feeling nervous now wondering if the announcement is going to change again somehow. I will be happy for you no matter what :)
Congrats to the whole family! It took me a minute to finally figure out what the gender is. Actually, I was thinking you were trying to tell me that you had twins, a boy and a girl like our dear terica. Or are you trying to tell me that? I'm so confused!!!
YOU are a stinker. Congratulations!! We like girls. As hormonal as they can be, at least we know what we are getting into. With how difficult Jaren was today (leaving a messy, noisy disaster in his wake) I would welcome another girl...
I really am pregnant! Glad you enjoyed the joke Terica.
I would have been happy either way (and sad too, since I wanted both, and no, I don't get to have twins like Terica).
Number Four is definitely a boy, and loves to explore and make messes...but he is so sweet too. Though I had initially been anxious about having a boy after three girls, I really do adore the one I have. He has not biased me against boys in the slightest.
From what I hear, you will most appreciate Jaren in the teenage years Paige...good luck enduring the destructive and noisy boyness in the meantime.
Ha! Those of us voters in the minority who were predicting pink are vindicated. I was fooled by the boy announcement, but then, I am kind of dense and always fall for April Fools jokes. Someone gave me a lottery ticket at work yesterday and when I scratched it, it looked like I won $10,000. On the back it said I could only redeem it in my dreams. Oh well, at least I didn't scream and jump around with excitement like some of the other "fools" who thought they had won.
You know, in the olden days, when we didn't know what kind of baby we wee going to have until it was already here, we just said--"I just want a healthy baby", so regardless of the type of plumbing your baby has, I hope you have a healthy, thriving baby. Congratulations.
Karla
Ha Ha! Boy you fooled quite a few of us!! Congrats anyway! It is wonderful to be able to add another sweet spirit to your home!
Should have known!! The day would not have felt right with out a good joke!! Well Done.. Enjoy the new child and what a blessing they are to our homes..
Yeah!!! Congratulations you guys!!
We're very happy for you (and Zach is VERY jealous!!)
If it's any comfort . . . you do make really cute girls!
Congrats! More sugar and spice for your sweet family. Just wait until the teen years and those wonderful hormones kick in. haha
Wait for the teen years?!?!? The hormones are already simmering and Number One isn't even eight!
I'm the Family Dork because until I read your blog I didn't realize you ARE pregnant and I thought that in itself was the April Fools joke!! Congrats, gender perfect for your family either way (especially since it's way out of your control!)!!! Re being anxious about having a boy after having girls...I hear ya on that one....and I remember at age 39 saying "Please God, if I have to have a baby in my old age, let it be another girl" and I got... a BOY!! And I wish I had known well before age 39 that boys are incredible and SO much fun. Oh yes, each day my hands are placed in a death grip around his throat.... yet at the same time this child makes me LAUGH every day, also, which is extremely important at my age when dealing with a child who is only a couple years older than your eldest! But I sure loved having girls, too. It's a win/win situation I think.... ;-)
Oh, aren't you funny!!
Congrats on another girl!!!
Post a Comment