But trying hard to make the end of summer still fun for the kids.
I will post more later about Saturday (with pictures), but suffice it to say that Number Two had the most grand sixth birthday adventure a little girl could hope for to American Girl Place. I cleaned up when we got home (fortuneately the damage was minimal from the two younger ones and a baby-sitter, who had stayed for several hours). I even got the lawn mowed too!
Monday Number One had a playdate, and I took the rest to a pet store so Number Two could redeem her "new pet" gift. She picked a male beta fish, and I tell you, he is living in style! I won't even post how much his new digs cost, but Number Two is thrilled, and so am I...I avoided cats, dogs, hamsters, rabbits, and birds for one of the most low maintenance pets out there. Happy day. All is well. And I even gave Dave a haircut Monday night after the kids were in bed.
Yesterday after swim lessons I took all the kids, plus a friend, to Chuck E. Cheese. In our family when the kids miss a friend birthday party because it is on a Sunday (with a friend they are very close to) we have a special birthday playdate with the friend. Number Two got to take a different friend to Pump it Up and out to lunch last May for the same reason. I think the kids had a great time, but it was a looong afternoon for me.
This morning I have been trying to catch up on emails and phone calls that need to be made, along with folding a few loads of clean laundry, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, etc. before swim lessons and staying after to swim with the kids.
I feel so torn about the end of this pregnancy. On the one hand, I am miserable and exhausted and wish she would just be born, but on the other hand, I have so much left that I wanted to do before she arrived that I wish I had another 6 weeks.
Anyway...just a little bit of an update for you. Back to work!
PS A special public thanks to the IL's who sent some cute little girl clothes for our new baby, and a new Twix stash! Suffice it to say that I have already broken into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment