

Les Miserable is my favorite Broadway show of all time. I am not a crier by nature, for movies, or shows, or generally even things of a spiritual nature.

However, I have never been able to keep from tearing up at the end of the show when I hear the words, "To love another person is to see the face of God."





Enjoy some pictures of the faces I love most...these faces who help me to see the face of God in my everyday existence.







The last couple of days I have felt a greater sense of hope, because of love. Love is a gift of the spirit, and I have been lucky enough to feel an increase in love for these amazing and fabulous people who I get to live with.
In October Dave and I will reach 10 years of marriage. I love him more now than I did then. Honestly, sometimes I look at our wedding pictures and wonder who let me get married so young...I look SO YOUNG! (Well, my mother did try not to let me...)
But I remember feeling so strongly that it was the right thing for Dave and I to get married, and we did. And I have never regretted that choice. Not even for a day, or a part of a day. We have had a couple of rough patches, especially right before law school, but I would rather be going through them with him than with anyone else. And I am grateful to not be going it alone.
Dave is the only person I know that really knows me, and loves me anyway. I have so enjoyed watching him find greater and greater successes throughout our married life, as a husband and father, and in his career. He has so much talent, and over time, continues to realize more and more of it.
And these children of ours...they are incredible. They are intelligent, and creative, and fun, and full of life. Yes, they are a lot of work, but there are great rewards already, with even greater rewards (and work, I know) to come.
So, with the help of my Father in Heaven (and chocolate, and a little bit of higher quality sleep), I am coping better today. And even yesterday (with the exception of a potty training mishap that caused me to lose it), was a better day.
Which gives me hope for the next 26 or so days before I have another face to love.
5 comments:
Your post made me smile and choke up a little bit. Unlike you, I cry at the drop of a hat :)
But you hit the basic philosophy of life for us mothers. We love our husbands, we love our children. We know that this is exactly what we are supposed to be doing.
That confidence and the love that can fill our homes is what gets us through.
You are quite inspiring and I hope you continue to feel as happy as possible for the next 26 days :)
I love Les Mis. I love your post. I'm glad you have found some hope and something to make you happy. Sometimes it can be hard to remember that when so much other stuff is going on that isn't helping the situation!
I have never seen Les Miserables. My favorite musical now is Wicked, which I would love to see but probably won't for MANY MANY years to come. :) Hey, maybe it will be on DVD by that time.
Your post was great. You have many people to love and that is wonderful!
I found your blog off of Marilee's. This post made my day. We miss you guys a lot and I was soooooo excited to see your little guy and how the girls have changed/grown. Dave is a great guy, NO DOUBT!
Holy Cow!!!! how did I miss that?!?! You guys are due again! Wow!!!!!!! Couldn't be a luckier kid on the earth to be born into your guys family.....
Post a Comment