I have been focused on getting the basics back under control, and figured I could then expand from there. Every day since a week ago Monday it has been my goal to have meaningful personal prayers, thoughtful personal study in the scriptures, time on the treadmill, and to be in bed by 10. I have a chart in my bathroom where I am tracking my progress. I am still trying to keep up with everything else the best I can, but these are my chosen priorities.
I have done well on the prayers, hit most days on the scripture study (which is different than scripture reading...more focused with a higher level concentration required, and a higher return as well), a couple of days on the bedtime (I am not so great at getting to bed early), and I am 100% on the treadmill (except for Sunday, which I took off on purpose). I am up to running 1.5 to 2 miles a day, and walking another 1-1.5 miles...over 20 miles already.
I am finally beginning to feel like my real self again, and it is great. I am enjoying my kids more, and feeling more and more grateful for what I have because wow, all that stuff everyone always says about how the mother needs to take care of herself in order to be most effective in all areas of her life are true!
I find myself busier than ever these days with the new baby, other children, and home to care for whilst Dave seems to be busier and busier at the office. He worked a super long day Saturday and STILL didn't feel like he got enough done. But I am so grateful that he has a stable position at a great firm, that I can't complain. I appreciate his many working hours on behalf of our family.
Well, wish I had more time to catch you up on other events in our family, but in the meantime, enjoy these recent pictures of my beautiful blessings (and one handsome one!), and I hope to update you all again soon.

Number One

Number Two

Number Three

Number Four

Number Five

And an extra sneak peek photo of Number Five in her blessing dress.
4 comments:
I am sooooooo glad you are finally getting some sleep. We were worried about you!! If momma aint awake, the crowds so wild!!! You really have to pamper yourself in some ways. Sounds like you're more in control now. Remember the conference talk about how they're only young for a short while!!! You ARE a good mom.
Your IL's
I am proud of you love . . . even if I am gone a lot (he said as he typed from his office at 9:30 PM). Our kids sure are cute, ain't they?
You sound so much like me- chart on the wall complete with the Great! Awesome! A+! stickers- trying really hard to make those really important things a priority. Sounds like you're doing AWESOME! Keep it up. Thanks for the inspiration, too. :) P.S. ADORABLE kids!
It's so fun to see pictures of your kids, they are so cute. I can tell that number 5 definitely belongs to your family, what a sweetie.
I'm amazed that you can do all of that with 5 kids, you are awesome. I don't even know how I'm going to do it when my second one comes in a few short weeks.
Post a Comment