Monday, November 3, 2008

The Blessing of Number Five


These pictures are LOOOONG overdue. Eventually, I will go back and post the many events I have neglected...like finishing our trip this summer. Someday I plan to pay to have my blog made into a scrapbook, so I need to make sure I get all of these important happenings recorded.

Anyway, back to the blessing....


These are the men who took part in Number Five's blessing.


And a picture of our family together.


And here with both sets of grandparents.


Our darling looked beautiful.


I think she looks like an angel.


Sometimes Number Four just can't get enough of his sister. He adores her.


All of my girls have had beautiful blessing dresses all their own. When I was making preparations for Number One's blessing, my mom asked if I wanted to use the dress I was blessed in. Sure, I thought that would be great. Then she told me when I was done I could give it back to my sister L, as she was the oldest and got to keep it. Suddenly, I was no longer interested in that dress. I felt like it was a rip-off that I was in the wrong birth position to have the dress, and I vowed to buy a new dress for each of my daughters, that they could keep.


Someone at church asked if I had made her dress...I cracked up. Um, no. I ordered it from One Small Child...same place I got Number Three's dress. Actually, the woman who asked me is an amazing seamstress...she could have made the dress.


The dress I liked the most wasn't carried in the newborn size at the time, so this was the next best choice. And honestly, she would have looked beautiful in any dress she wore. I would know. I'm her mother. :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

She's beautiful. What a cute family you guys have. How fun your parents were able to come too.

Jackie said...

What a doll! You have such beautiful kids!

The Amazonian Couch Potato said...

Hey, stop stealing my beautiful and sweet wife and fun daughter all the time!!!

Love,

Jay