3 miles in 30:36
Recovery run. Awesome. I'm all for finishing goals, so I will run the IL Marathon on May 1st...but I'm just not a marathoner at heart. I LOVE a good 3-5 mile run. I enjoy a longer 10 miler. But to confess: I dread anything over 15 miles. I procrastinated this run and wish I hadn't. It was just the Monday pick-me-up I needed.
Seriously, this run was phenomenal. I didn't get up early enough and had to wait for the afternoon nap, but the endorphins were excellent without the workout being punishing. I think that's what I like most about the shorter runs.
Tuesday:
Should have been speedwork, but since I can't go to spin in the morning (something about not being able to leave five children home alone at 5:30 AM while Mr. Bloomers is in NY) I'll leave it for Wednesday. Since the weather was beautiful, I did take the kids out letterboxing in a local park district park. We had a good walk and a great time.
Wednesday:
7 miles in 65:21
Speedwork. 1 mile warm-up followed by 1 mile at 8:20x4 with half mile jogs. This was my best speed workout ever. Four miles at 8:20 is really fast for me, and I felt strong most of the way. Really nice de-stresser too.
Thursday:
Missed swimming AGAIN! Just couldn't get up early enough. Instead:
Easy run of 4 miles in 40:30
Probably ran faster than I should have, but it felt good. Broke it down into two 2 milers, with a break to get kids off to school in between.
Friday:
Nada. Super busy day with preschool, speech, playdates, driving for a GS field trip, etc. I thought a day off before a long run wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Saturday:
20 miles in 3:27:28 (10:22 pace)
Happy first day of spring. Feels like in the 20s and SNOW THE WHOLE TIME after having had sunny days with temps in the 60s most of the past week. WHAT?!? My target pace was 10:24, so I did well on that. I flip-flopped back and forth between feeling great and totally awful throughout the run. I was stiff in the beginning and wished I had run just a couple of miles yesterday rather than taking a full rest day, but live and learn!
Being pelted with snow continuously, which sometimes was like a gentle flurry but mostly was like being pelted with little pieces of ice in the face, eyes, etc. wore me out more quickly. A cab passed me around 15 miles in when I wasn't feeling so hot and I almost hailed it for a ride home. But I didn't wimp out. Six weeks till the IL Marathon, and I'll be ready.
Happy running!
3 comments:
You are seriously going to be so proud of yourself come May 2. This is a whole-lotta hard work. What a cool event to put into your list of goals achieved :)
Hey Ms. Kristin! Way to Go! Keep it up---this is a great lesson in goal/achieving, and Endurance! I am with you though---I enjoy 3-4 miles or even up to 6, but I never finish thinking---"Wow" I wish that was 10 miles longer! Have you ever tried books on tape? They are entertaining and a great distraction from the aches and you can still pound out those miles pretty quickly! Our Library lets us load them onto our Ipods. Pretty fun!
I'm in the club that doesn't ever want to run a marathon. I like my 6 and 9 mile runs but that's it. I am excited about my half-marathon.
-Summer
Post a Comment