Just sent this email to Mr. Bloomers:
Delivered
27 small bags of treats and
3 large ones for the classroom teachers.
Came up 2 short.
Made 4 more to make sure we have enough.
All that work and then suddenly it's gone.
Classroom parties this afternoon.
And then break. Aaahhh.
Just so you know....I'm sleeping in tomorrow.
Much love,
Me
It was a follow-up to this one sent yesterday:
Hope you are still surviving. I have baked and created messes upon messes in the kitchen. And though I love to make treats, I am sick of it.
Since the kids went to bed last night...
10 dozen cookies
1 batch of caramel which took like 45 minutes to an hour to cook (stirring continuously) plus about 1.5 hours to cut and wrap. This stuff is firm and tough to cut!
1 batch of hard strawberry candy (nasty, I think)
1 batch of root beer taffy (didn't cook it long enough for hard candy so I pulled it and pulled it (a pain) to make a super chewy taffy))
about 9 dozen long dipped pretzel rods, some almond bark rolled in crushed candy canes, some chocolate with sprinkles, some chocolate with contrasting drizzle of white peppermint or red vanilla
I have left to make:
2.5 dozen cookies, 1 batch hard butterscotch candy, 1 set of notecards, and 7 pairs of pajama pants
I skipped the notecards. Made the cookies and candy. Added a batch of brownies. And I still have to make the pajama pants...Did I mention I've never sewn from a pattern? Or made pants? I figure by the time I get to the 7th one I might even be okay at it. And if not, my family will wear them anyway.
And the recipients of the 29 bags? Custodians, yard duties, office secretaries, health tech and nurse, LRC people, past teachers, principal, vice principal, etc.
Lack of sleep. Many treats. Much less exercise.
New Year's resolutions in the making here....
3 comments:
Did I not note that caramel is long and some what tedious? Though it is super wonderful. In general did it turn out okay?
You are AMAZING!! All I did is make Teddy Bear Bread.
Good job! I was lazy this year and did virtually nothing of the sort. Your pretzel sticks look divine.
Post a Comment