
It is so different having a boy. I have always believed that gender really is a part of who we are, but I think I was a little unprepared for how early that manifests itself. (I don't think any of the girls were ever so determined to get away at a photo shoot!)
To be honest, the only time I ever had a gender preference for one of our children, it was for Number Four. After three daughters, the thought of a son TERRIFIED me. It seemed so foreign, so I just wanted another girl. I am so grateful that I didn't get what I wanted.

Number Four is a dream baby. He is so fun, and so cheerful. He just lights up whenever any of us notice him. He is my most cuddly, but of course, he still loves to try and get away.

Ever fascinated by cars, trucks, balls, and anything electronic, he is a true boy. But fortuneately for me, he has a very sweet side too.

Number Four loves to play coy. He loves peekaboo. He loves food. He loves to wrestle with Number Three. He adores his daddy.

He is starting to look more and more like a little boy, and less and less like a baby. It makes me a little sad, though it is probably good for him, as he is on his way to being a big brother.

Number Four is starting to talk. He says mom, dad, and hi. He loves to sing do do-do-do, do do-do-do, do-do, uh, uh, uh, uh, from High School Musical "What I've Been Looking For." (We are all BIG HSM fans here.) He also loves to growl like a monster.

Number Four arrived at such a busy and crazy time in our lives, but I think he was a bright spot that we didn't know we needed. We are incredibly blessed to have him.


6 comments:
He is SO cute!! Boys really are different from what I hear. I think I'd be terrified to have a girl!
I think I need to watch HSM2. I saw the 1st one but missed most of the 2nd because I was busy. Nathan liked the 1st one but now he won't watch either one because he said "Gabrielle got paid to take her clothes off in front of people so I won't watch that anymore." I don't know where he got this from. I think I might faintly recall hearing something about the actress who plays Gabrielle doing a nude photo shoot. I can't remember for sure.
P.S. Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope it's a healthy, full term baby! :)
Boys sure are different, huh? Keeps me on my toes. He sure is cute. And he will make a GREAT big brother.
Yeah, mom, is that an announcement?
You're pregnant?! Congratulations!!! Yay!
Hi Kristin! So fun to see you and your darling family. And, Number 5 on the way?! Congrats! You must have your hands full! Great to hear from you!
Post a Comment