Monday, January 14, 2008

Update on the Kids

So, we didn't send out Christmas cards this year. We will be doing Valentine's Day cards instead.

In the meantime though, I thought I ought to provide a little update on each of the kids. It's about time.

Number Four:



Our handsome little son just yesterday discovered that he really can crawl on all fours. Amazingly quick in the army crawl, Number Four has begun to show us what it is like to have a boy. At 11 months old, he loves cars, trucks, balls, and things that move. He takes great interest in all things electronic, and really gets upset if Dave won't share his Blackberry. Number Four makes such funny faces, and loves to turn his head to the side to show his coy and flirty side, especially with strangers. He stands up for himself well against his three other mothers, and takes great pleasure trying to hold his own in wrestling matches with Number Three.

Number Three:



What a crack-up! She loves to argue with me, "No, you silly!" "No, I love YOU!" She is a the most natural born homemaker yet to join the family. Number Three loves to nurture and watch over everyone, and she keeps us organized too. She actually LIKES to put her shoes in the shoe bin. Number Three has mastered the forward roll at gymnastics, which she absolutely loves. Her speech is finally catching up with her physical abilities too. I think my favorite thing about Number Three is her natural gift of happiness. She is such a joy.

Number Two:



What a personality! Number Two keeps me on my toes. She has an amazing ability to collect treasures (trash) like used napkins, rings from milk gallons, used disposible bathroom cups, and recycle them into art projects and clothing and accessories for her stuffed animals. We expect to see her art displayed in a modern art museum someday. Number Two has an AMAZING little voice, though she sings best without a noticeable audience. I especially appreciate her vocal talent in Primary, where I am the chorister. She is the first one in the family to respond to Number Four when he needs something and consequently, she has a very special little bond with the baby brother.

Number One:



Seven going on 17! Number One is currently obsessed with American Girl stuff. She loves to read the books, and has the whole world collection of the 2007 doll, Nicki. Number One is maturing in so many ways, serving her younger siblings is a far more grown-up manner. Of course, the maturing does include pre-pre-teen mood swings, but with three daughters, I am sure we have loads more of this to experience! Number One continues to excell in school, and I have been working with her teacher (and even some with the principal) to find more ways to challenge her academically. We found a fabulous piano teacher this year, and Number One has really been enjoying her lessons.

And the real Number One:

Dave is enjoying his work as the big city attorney. He works for a stellar firm with high quality people. We make the most of his time home, and feel grateful when he is gone that he does have such a great job that allows us to be paying back our debts while I stay home with the kids. Dave bought me (or was it him??? :) a Wii for Christmas, and has somehow managed to find the time to become a pro bowler and tennis player (and maybe even baseball...I don't keep track). The big girls love to play on the Wii too, though the competitive spirit they often brings calls for an premature end to their games when I as the Contention Referree step in. We are working on that. This last week Dave and celebrated 10 years from the day we met. And as fate would have it, the movie we ended up watching the first night we met was on TBS! Too bad I was too tired to stay up for it.

So there is the family update, almost as the Christmas card letter you didn't get. For those of you I know that have blogs, keep them updated as I check them when I can. For those of you who don't, please send me an email here and there to let me know how you are doing.

Now off to put on the mom hat again. I have one home sick from school today and two others ready for my attention again. When I get an extra minute I will get back on and see if I can add a picture of each of the kids to this post.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Kristin, i am happy that you moved to blogspot. Leaving comments will be easier. Very cute kids!

chickadee3357 said...

You always comment how people say you have your hands full when you go out with all the kids. And while I bet it is true to some extent, it is so awesome to have four completely different personalities and so much fun to see them interact together as a family. It sounds like things are going very well. Happy New Year (a little late).