
President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet, and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, passed away last night.
As members of the church, we understand that we lived with God before we came to earth. We each have a purpose for being here. And when we die, it is possible, because of our Savior Jesus Christ, to return to live with our Father in Heaven again.
Maybe because of this knowledge, I found that even though I will dearly miss President Hinckley's remarkable faith, leadership, encouragement, testimony, and love, I am just thrilled for him.
I can't imagine that a 97 year old body is all that comfortable to be in anymore. He so dearly loves his wife, and I am sure he has sorely missed her since her death. His mother died when he was so young. He was close to both his father and his step-mom, who was fantastic like his mother. And now he is with them all again, and I am sure countless others dear to him, free of the ailments of an aging mortal body.
I am grateful for the phenomenal influence the prophet has had on both the Church, and the world, and also on me. He always made me want to try a little harder, to be a little better, without guilt or frustration for where I am now. He simply made me feel like I could continue to progress and try harder to be like my Savior each day.
President Hinckley left a great legacy.
2 comments:
97- he did pretty good! He'll be missed.
Hey-- It was fun to hear from you. What cute kids you have and you got a boy! How fun. Where are you guys? Are you on the East Coast? I'll put you in my line up so I can keep up with your life :)
Hope all is well
Julie
I agree with what you said about how Pres. Hinckley had a kind way of encouraging us to be a little better. What a great man!
Post a Comment