So Monday and Tuesday were so rough...I didn't even get the post I had written yesterday up until tonight! I was having a little trouble figuring out how to do images. I am good now on that. In fact, I was able to add images to my post giving updates on the kids, so be sure to scroll down and see them in front of our Christmas tree. I think they are pretty darn cute!
Today was better. I got more of the stars filled in on my new-fandangled chore chart, including one for cleaning the master bath. Looks so nice in there Dave even commented on it. (And yes, I know if I am admitting that he noticed, I am admitting it looked less than stellar before.)
The chore charts are actually working quite well for all of us. I made one for Dave and I and each of the girls, with different items. They are colorful and beautiful (with pictures so the non-readers can still figure out what to do). We even have sparkly stars to mark them off.
And its silly how motivating they are! I have yet to get my star for "lights out by 10," but hopefully someday.... The girls have been doing a 15 minute clean-up everyday like they used to, remembering morning prayer (which used to be forgotten too often), and making their beds, and Number One even vacuumed the family room today! Plus, she has been reading her scriptures and practicing her piano faithfully each day.
Tonight we had a little family adventure. Our poor tired Davin dozed on the train at just the wrong moment tonight...missing his stop. Because he was on an express train, the train didn't stop again until the end of the line...at a station 25 minutes from our house and out in la-la-land. He could have waited until after 8 to take another train back, but since they girls really wanted to see him, and they hadn't for a few days, we jumped in the van and went to his rescue.
Number Three fell asleep two minutes after we left, but the big girls and Number Four had a blast. To make it a super memorable trip, I drove us through Baskin Robbins on the way home. Number One and Number Two couldn't have been happier. In fact, Number Two said something to the effect that this was the best day ever. And coming from her, that sure means something!
3 comments:
We had several train "adventures" when we first moved here. Nothing like getting to know a new city by trying to find a random train station! Glad today was a better day. Kudos on the chore charts!
Can you post a picture of your chore charts? I really need to get some for my family. I say get and not make because I'm currently the Cubmaster in my ward and am gearing up for my Blue and Gold Banquet.
I don't know how you keep up with your kids. I only have 2 boys and I'm going crazy most of the time!!
So what is your reward for yourself and/or Dave when you "complete" your chore chart? Is it the pride in filling up the chart with stickers or is there a grander goal? Charts work so well with my kids so I've thought for a few weeks of doing one for myself. Something more to keep me going than "you go girl" chants in my mind :)
Mindy
Post a Comment