
I LOVED to construct a blanket fort with my brothers in the family room at home when I was growing up. We would use the big comforters from our beds, with the two chairs and game table as supports.

Honestly, I don't think it mattered to us what we actually did inside the forts, it was just all somehow more fun, whether we played a game, had a snack, played with toys, or read a book.

As I have mentioned, when it is super cold (like below freezing with a big windchill) our heater just doesn't keep up. It can maintain about 60 degrees, but that doesn't cut it for me.

So in order to try to trap the heat from one of the vents, I decided to teach the girls the art of making a fort...strategically located over said vent.

It was really a lot of fun. They had a great time, even decorating the roof with some of their "friends."

Since then, we have had other fun fort adventures, including a squishy Peter Pan reading time (not the Disney version) with the whole family...Dave included. And even thought Number Four looks ready to run away in this last photo, even he had a delightful time hiding in our family fort. Any other fort builders out there?
5 comments:
My boys LOVE forts. I don't love having to remake the beds every night, but the fun is worth it!
Mindy
I always loved building blanket forts when I was a kid. We also built forts with the cushions from the couch. I have tried making a fort with Clarissa, but she didn't love it. Maybe when she's a little older.
I LOVED making forts too. We made great ones in our family room too. I am pretty sure we made plenty with the Petersons over the years. We too made them over the heater vent. I also made my own personal "tent" over the vent. I would lay over the vent and put a blanket over me. It felt great while the heater was on but I was so cold when it went off! :)
I loved to make tents when I was younger too. We would use couch pillows, blankets, chairs...anything. I remember being in middle school and making a blanket fort when a friend spent the night and we slept in it and we thought it was so funny because we were too old to be doing that.
Kristin, it has been fun catching up on your blog! Congrats on baby #5, that is awesome! Your kids are darling...
Post a Comment