
Fun at a rest stop.
Iowa has the best rest stops on I-80. Nebraska...not so much. Think Fred Flintstone.




And enjoy our slumbering children...we sure did. Except poor Number Four would wake up about every 30-45 minutes needing his blanket fixed along with kind words and soothing pats on the leg. That got old quickly. Especially when we arrived between 2 and 3 AM most nights of our travel.
Stay tuned...I have TONS OF PICTURES, not just from the trip, but since April, that are finally downloaded and ready to post. More to come...
And Happy Fourth of July!!!
(PS For all you car seat safety buffs...Soon after this picture we realized that Number One's booster needed to be adjusted for her growth. She had pulled the seat belt out of its guide to make it more comfortable, as she was really too tall for the setting it was on. That situation is all rectified now. Also, I know it is best to leave children rear facing as long as possible. Number Four was rear facing up until the trip, but was turned around just for the purpose of the trip so he might be more pleasant in the travel. At least we are in a big old Suburban, and there is great protection just being in that hulk of a vehicle.)
2 comments:
Cute sleeping pictures! Can't wait for more pictures and information about your crazy trek across the US!
Ah, the drive to Utah is one I remember well. When we lived out there, we used to drive to Utah every other summer. We went with the Petersons a few times too. Fun memories.
I love the sleeping pictures. My poor Marshall can't really sleep in his car seat because it has him propped up too high. When I broke his car seat and he was barely hanging onto 30 lbs, I decided he was big enough for a high back booster. Boy, was I wrong!! He likes to lean forward or over to the left or right. Then he pulls his arm out from under the seat belt. I just can't win with him!
Post a Comment