Monday, July 28, 2008

Could a Backpack Make Me Happy?

I am way grumpy today. Have been all day.

Probably the biggest contributing factors are that our kids have been up past bedtime the last four nights (me too) and that I am constantly uncomfortable. Thursday night was the urine run night, Friday was a fun church activity (really was super fun, actually, and we brought two friends along which made it even more fun), Saturday night we took the kids swimming, since they have been dying to show off new tricks for Dave, and last night we had company.

Actually, yesterday we brought our baby-sitter home from church to hang out with us since she was in town (last November her parents tortured our family by moving her THREE hours away). I would ADOPT that girl if her mom would let me. Seriously, she is top-notch, highest quality, as a person, a friend, and a baby-sitter. We kept her until just after 9:30...super fun, but...yes, kids were pretty touchy today, and justified in being like that.

Saturday we also took them to a huge work picnic for Dave's firm, plus the two older girls went with me to a baptism. And yesterday, besides our baby-sitter visitor, we hosted a couple and their baby for dinner, and Dave had a church meeting at our home at 8:30. The father of this couple is a law student with one year left at the school Dave graduated from. Their family is trying to choose a suburb to settle in next year when he graduates, and they wanted the scoop on our area.

The wife told me I seemed like such a super mom while she was here. If she only knew...LOL!!!

So here I am, grumpy SuperMom, posting on my blog truly for the purpose of mentioning this other blog, found here. This mom of 10 is doing a contest to win a Lands End backpack, and I want to win. Why? Cause I like new bags, and think this one with lots of pockets would be fun as a new diaper bag, or even a new church bag. I clearly don't need it, but maybe winning a backpack could cheer me up a little...and I have always wanted to try a bag from Lands End, though I'm not sure why.

But just in case I don't win, I am going to eat a brownie sundae while reading my scriptures (and maybe a little more Pride and Prejudice) before bed. I'm out of Twix bars.

3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I hope you win!! I want ice cream now.

Owlhaven said...

Thanks for the mention! Hope your week improves!

Mary, mom to 10

Lani said...

you are a super mom... at least that is what Lani kept telling me. I just know you must be special to snag a great guy like Dave and raise the wonderful kids you do.....Good fruit grows on good trees ya know what I mean?