Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update...

I am doing much better again. I really appreciate those of you who took the time to respond to me, both because the actual responses were helpful, and because it is just meaningful to me that you cared enough to respond in the first place!

Time is so short lately...we had the Holiday Shoppe at the big girls' school this past weekend (which I am in charge of), with Number One's baptism coming up this Saturday, and lots of other details in between.

I'll be blogging again soon.

2 comments:

gollyjess said...

Kristin, I was sorry to hear that you were not feeling like yourself, but am glad you are doing better. I can't imagine a more with-it person than yourself and when I am feeling a little low, I remember you and all that you do for your family. It's okay to have a "break" every now and again, sometimes yo deserve it. And when you feel low, think of your own "role model" and perhaps she will give you courage to get moving again. I love you, good luck.

Melinda said...

I'm sorry, Kristin. I read your post asking for ideas and I thought and thought and then I thought "I have nothing to give right now...I'm going to hijack her comments and see if I can help myself!" :)

The main thing I do that I'm sure keeps me sane is exercising. It's always been a priority for me and it's habit now, but everything sinks quickly when I don't keep up with it.

I know we each have our own personal funks that we get in. Mine right now is stress. I have absolutely never before felt it like I do right now. I lose sleep thinking about the details of the next days assignments...or the next weeks ward party...or the next month's Kindergarten party...or the next year of my child's life! I'm not sure yet how to deal with it all. It must be this 30 thing you and I have just jumped into :)

Good luck. One thing I've learned in the past few years is that so many of us women, especially moms, go through so much of the same struggles. It's great to have such a support network. You have a lot of people who love and care about you. I'm a valiant member of that list :)