Monday, March 15, 2010

Still here

The last few weeks have been hold-your-breath kind of crazy. In no particular order:

1. I spent the night at the Field Museum with the Actress and her GS troop in the Dozin' with the Dinos program. Hundreds of kids and chaperones with activities till 1 AM!! Slept on an air mattress in the Africa wing. Nice.

2. IL's came to visit on the way home from their mission in Boston. Cleaned house. Played hard. Took the lot to the city, pulling the older ones out of school.

3. Left kids with IL's. Went skiing with Mr. Bloomers in MI. Good fun.

4. Ran a bunch more miles, though not as many as I should have. Skiing is good exercise though, right?

5. Mr. Bloomers left for New York last week. Still single parenting here. Used to that during the week. Not so much on the weekend. Still managed to have kids all at church a half hour early for a music practice. (Which is one and a half hours early if you count the time change.)

6. Kelsie came to visit. I know God loves me because when Mr. Bloomers left he sent Kelsie to visit. She stayed with four of the kids whilst I took the fifth to urgent care Friday night. Then she stayed the night and made pancakes and homemade playdough with the kids while I finished a 16 miler on Saturday morning. I just wish her parents would let her live with us. Anyone want to hire a great accountant in the area? And pay him well? And give him a management position so he'll move the family back?!?

7. Computer issues are making me crazy. I can't print. Or access my pictures. Or download new ones. Thanks for that Princess.

8. My name is Kristin, and I am a chocoholic. I have seriously fallen off the treats-in-moderation wagon.

9. Took the kids to an inflatables place, a rides place with Kelsie, and out to dinner at Ikea. All on different days. Planned to letterbox but it rained. Kids also got to visit Kelsie's grandparent's animal shelter. They have been pleading for a dog non-stop ever since.

10. Watched my little brother's son (with great help from the IL's).

11. Tended a friend's son for two days while they house hunted. Took said son (almost 2) and the Actress's friend, and my five to the aforementioned inflatables house. By myself. And didn't think about how crazy that might be until I looked back into the Suburban and realized that every spot was filled with a carseat or booster.

12. Cleaned under my sofa, and then had a movie party on the sofabed with the kids.

And now I must go tend to a screaming child who should be asleep. Fun never ends...even at bedtime.

3 comments:

Jen said...

When's the marathon???

Alexis said...

whew what a busy time! where's the inflatiable place located?? was thinking about taking allison there sometime, but i don't know where it is.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

You crazy woman!!!!!