It's spring break. Kids all home. Schedule in chaos. Unplanned rest day.
Tuesday:
9 miles in 1:33:00 (10:20 pace)
Lame. Bored out of my mind. Too late at night to go outside and Dave needed the home treadmill. Channels at the gym are limited to sports, news, and E! or Bravo. Super lame. I watched the same Millionaire Matchmaker TWICE, reading the subtitles while listening to my Ipod. Lazy programming to play the same episode back to back, and it wasn't even all that entertaining the first time! Went to the restroom twice just to get a mental break. Bottom line...I'm just not a night runner. Tomorrow will be better.
Wednesday:
5.5 miles in 57 minutes (10:21 pace)
Early AM run. Alone. Outside. Easy run. Estimating distance and time because I didn't have my Garmin or a watch. Such a contrast to last night...it was awesome to be outside in the morning versus on a treadmill at night.
Also, went late to the spin class from last week. 45 minutes there. Trying to pack in some extra workouts as I'm not sure how the rest of the week will go.
Thursday:
3.5 miles in 35:55 (10:15 pace)
Nice and easy run on a friend's treadmill. Out of town to visit them. Watched the kids (mine and friends) play in the basement while running.
Friday:
Sadly, running just wasn't in the cards today. Drove back from Iowa.
Saturday:
Fun race! Chocolate Chase Rabbit Race 5K in 27:01 (8:39 pace)
(3.12 miles according to Garmin)
Will run for chocolate. Rainy race. I wish I would have pushed it a little harder, but overall it was great. Haven't had treats in two weeks, so the two huge chocolate covered strawberries, plus the five little brownies, plus the ice cream at the finish line in the absence of more nutritional food made me nauseous, but it was well worth it. :)
Happy running!
No comments:
Post a Comment