Gym Treadmill - 5 miles in 50:50 (10:10 pace)
Still a bit stiff from Saturday, and unmotivated to run on the treadmill. So happy that my friend showed up to chat while we ran and our kids played together in gym daycare. Made it so much better.
Tuesday:
Playground Strength Training – 00:20
Took a cue from a friend on dailymile who posted about fitting in strength training during the day with her kids. Did walking lunges, calf raises, squats, and leg raises (plus attempted pull-ups, lol) whilst the youngest three played on the school playground after the bell rang. Took ample breaks to swing, slide, and chase the kids. Spring makes me SO VERY HAPPY!!!
Bike Ride – 5.01 miles in 35 minutes (8.6mph pace)
After the playground, my Little Mommy went to school so I took Max and Princess on a bike ride in the trailer with the retro Schwinn Suburban (flamingo hot pink, circa 1976). Not really an exercise bike, but so fun! And a great workout with that trailer full of kids, especially on the hillier spots. It was an awesome ride.
Wednesday:
Gym Treadmill – 5.5 miles in 48:14 (08:46 pace)
Speedwork. 1 mile warm-up at 10:21. Supposed to be 4 mile repeats at 8:12 with half mile jogs in between. That worked at first, but I wasn't feeling great today so I walked after the second and third miles. Last mile was in 8:07 instead of 8:12. Should have jogged at the end to cool down but I had to go tie rollerskates at the elementary school in my purple-faced sweaty glory. Didn't count the walking toward my total distance and time, just the actual running.
Thursday:
Boot Camp Class – 50 minutes
Planned to do something easy like read my book while hanging out on the elliptical. Found that boot camp class was at this time I didn't know about so I joined in. NOT easy, but good for me in a humbling way.
Gym Treadmill - 1 mile in 9:41
Just one mile after Boot Camp.
Friday:
Treadmill – 2.5 miles in 24:07 (9:38 pace)
Didn't have much time today, but wanted to keep the legs moving. 12 miles tomorrow and it sounds heavenly after last weeks 22. I heart tapering.
Saturday:
Treadmill – 12 miles in 02:01:01 (10:05 pace)
End of the day run (as in start time of almost 11 PM). NOT my favorite, but today was just plain busy with family, friends, and a church meeting and the run just had to wait. Watched Did You Hear About the Morgans? which was okay. So sick to my stomach by the end. I think I can't do Gu anymore, which gives me 2 weeks to figure out an alternative.
Happy running!
No comments:
Post a Comment