
Here are our darling children at Arctic Circle in Pleasant Grove, Utah. We have pictures of our kids on this slide when there was just Number One, after Number Two, and even on a visit with my brother's kids after Number Three. So, fitting that we should now have this one.
We made an outing with the family to BYU to show off our old stomping grounds to the kids. On the way, we stopped in American Fork to drive by our first home (meaning, the first one we owned) and to visit the Little Things Mean a Lot store for a baptism dress for Number One and a blessing dress for Number five. We succeeded on the big girl dress, but I balked on the baby dress, when the only one I really loved was nearly $300.
In Provo, we visited the BYU Bookstore, picking up delightful souvenirs, and drove around to a few memorable locations...like the apartment I lived in where Dave proposed to me. And our first married apartment (which was a little larger than a shoebox).
We were able to glimpse through the window and see that the couch we left WAS STILL THERE as well as the bedroom curtains I had picked out and loved, and been sad to leave even though there wasn't a place for them in our move. (We lived in a converted basement apartment, and they were cafe windows).
Some of the many highlights of this apartment, were:
1. the fact that the bedroom was so small, that if you had a queen size bed, it took the whole room, and you couldn't have a bathroom door, as there wasn't enough space to open it. Suffice it to say we overcame any newlywed modesty quickly by necessity!
2. the bathroom was so small that you could use the restroom and brush your teeth at the same time!
3. the plumbing on this old home was so poorly rigged for apartment living, that if our landlord drained the sink from doing his dishes (he lived upstairs) at the same time we flushed our toilet, then our shower would gurgle up his nasty sink water.
Ahhh, the memories.
Anyway, we took our camera, but in all our travels, we only remembered to take this one picture to represent the outing. Enjoy!
3 comments:
We could compete with you for the most "unique" first apartment. Ours was so small Randy would hit his head on the light fixtures. You had to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. The R.S. President lived in the apartment through the wall. I was her counselor. If she opened her kitchen cupboard and I opened my kitchen cupboard we could have a meeting. Great memories, though!
It's fun to hear your memories. Yeah, I guess Judy's apartment trumps yours. Wow Judy. Interesting apartment!
What a beautiful blog. I hope to visit more often.
Post a Comment