Friday, July 18, 2008

Upcoming Spa Retreat

I am going to spend 48 hours being pampered, and I can hardly wait.

Dave will be in charge of our cute kids. I will lay in bed most of the day, as will be expected. If I push my call button...someone will come fill my water bottle, or hand me my phone, or give me some pain pills...whatever I need.

If I decide to shower, I will have a whole roomful of baby-sitters, with very advanced baby training to watch over our little one.

If I want to read or watch TV...I get to choose the book or the show. If I want to talk on the phone, I can do so without interruption.

If I get hungry, I can call for room service. If I want to order three desserts, I can and will, and won't have to explain myself to my children. I will get to eat the hot food hot, and the cold food cold, and then I can send the dirty dishes away for someone else to do.

This spa will supply clothing for me if I choose to use it, which they will also launder.

During my stay, I will have a precious new baby to cuddle with, sent straight from the presence of our Heavenly Father. I will get to spend some time just relaxing with her, and getting to know her a little bit.

Honestly, medical care aside, I can't fathom why someone would choose a homebirth over a hospital spa retreat?!?

It just can't come soon enough.

6 comments:

terica said...

You are having your baby already? Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Melinda said...

Ugh! I hate the hospital. I get so bored and the beds are so not comfortable. The food is the only part I love. Like you said, what mom doesn't love having food brought to her, being able to eat it right away and then shooing away the dishes for someone else to do??

My favorite part about childbirth is coming home and spending the first 48 hours at my own house with only my husband and new baby...no older siblings.

Good luck with your upcoming retreat. We're looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Lots of Love!!

Paige said...

Oooh, enjoy your pampering! I love those retreats, too. Call me crazy! Best of luck. Can't wait for updates!

Rachel said...

I feel the same way, I always beg the OB doctors to re-check my bloodwork and other stuff down in the nether regions, positive that there must be a reason I HAVE to stay an extra day for hospitalized observation. Rachel

Kim and company said...

Oh my goodness! I have a hard time staying the 24 hours. In fact on baby number 4 I asked if I could leave 2 hours post partum. My little bundle of cuteness was healthy (albeit screaming) but I cannot stand hanging out in the hospital. How wonderful that you like it! The hospital is my least favorite part of the whole receive my cutie experience. I'm with Mindy, I love bringing my cutie home and cuddling with the whole family! Gosh Good Luck Girlfriend!

Judy said...

I stayed in the hospital for five days with every one of my children. It was great. Tell Dave to call us when he needs a few extra hands while you get pampered.