I went back to WW points for 2 days in December. Then I realized, "What good is a new year without a resolution for weight loss?" So I took to riotous eating and thoroughly enjoyed myself to gluttony. My pants are now tight. In retrospect, I'm thinking I should have stuck with moderation in all things.
But, as it is, I am a little less than 17 weeks from my first marathon. And I want to be as fast as possible, so I'm embarking on another weight loss adventure. 16 pounds in 16 weeks. Starting today. The main changes to my diet? Smaller portions, and way less treats. I get one dessert on Sundays, with a hot chocolate a day (sugar free Swiss Miss with splenda, also provides about a third of my daily calcium need, and twice that when made with skim milk). If I really need a treat, I stick to Baskin Robbins Cookies and Cream hard candies in small quantities.
I love the new year and a fresh start!

PS This picture was taken less than a half mile from the last one. Also, Princess was not so happy here. She was DETERMINED to walk BY HERSELF in the snow, despite frequent falling down. We saw a whole new side to the baby on our Boston excursion. She's got some spunk!
5 comments:
I wish you the best on the journey! I too have participated in too much riotous eating and will be returning to tracking the foods I eat. It's a chore for me, but I need to remember how nice it is to have loose clothes.
Great goal! I may just join you on that. 16 pounds would take me to my ultimate goal...well 18 to be exact, but I'm not going to be too picky once I get back down there :)
I keep lamenting the fact that I've only lost 7 pounds in 2 months, but Sheldon kindly reminds me that is even with the holidays, so I guess I should shut up and just get back to work.
I'm so excited for your marathon. You are amazing!
I start tomorrow and will hopefully by down 20 pounds or more by the time we see you again!!! WAY too much riotous eating this last few weeks......
you can do it!!
Good luck! I shall join you in your quest: the holidays were not kind...
Post a Comment