Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home

This long weekend in CA was such a blessed opportunity for me. I am so grateful to have gone, and did my best to make the very most of my time there.

Consequently, in the last four nights I have slept about fourteen hours combined. (I did have a couple of airplane naps you could add on there too.)

In the last sixty hours I've run eighteen miles, with several in the rain. I cried along the way a few times and felt such relief from my grief through my time on the trail.

I've seen my grandmother's peaceful body. Prayed with the family, and watched the funeral director close the casket. I was uplifted by her beautiful funeral, where all thirteen of her grandchildren gathered with dear friends and family to honor her.

I spent some precious time with Grandpa, my parents, my siblings, and other family members. I feel at peace now, and so very thankful.

And ready for bed.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry Kristin, hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

I wish I could believe you are able to sleep what with being home with 5 kids.....but at least go to bed one night with the kids and sleep it through!!!