Saturday, January 2, 2010

This year...

I will spend five quality minutes in the scriptures everyday. (One day down, 364 to go.) I will also pray more regularly with greater sincerity.


I was inspired to choose this goal by Mary N. Cook, First Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She gave a great talk in April 2009, which included the following:

"Daily habits of righteous behavior will also help you to continually hold fast to the rod. As a Young Women general presidency we have invited all of the young women in the world to develop three daily habits:

First, pray to your Father in Heaven, morning and night, every day.

Second, read the Book of Mormon for at least five minutes every day.

And third, smile! Why? We have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, which brings us true happiness."

Anyone else care to join me on this one? Any other great 2010 goals you are working on? Please share...

PS Any guesses about where I took this photo?

2 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Your photo looks just like EVERYTHING around here. Just as fall is so beautiful here, winter and the snow covering all the tree branches is just as beautiful. So where was it taken????

Alexis said...

My goal this year is to read 10 pages in the Book of Mormon everyday. I have been a member for almost 10 years now and I always get partly through but have never read the whole thing and I feel that my knowledge is poor though I know in my heart the church is true and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of god. I'm hoping with my goal I can get through the book twice!